Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Go Live

So.  I have been thinking.  It happens.  Sometimes.  Anyway, I have been thinking about dreams.  Not the nutty kind that you have about trains, and alligators when you eat something weird, or take a sedative, but the real kind.  The tangible kind.  The kind that you imgaine when you are little, and hope that somehow they are really going to happen.  I am a dreamer.  I am, I won't deny it.  I get hit with the reality stick a lot when life says, "This is just how it goes Sis, sorry."  Ouch.  Well, clearly the bruises don't last, because the very next moment I am dreaming again, and wondering how I can make my dreams come true. 

Today, for example, I am sitting at my moms kitchen table thinking about the future, and what I want out of it.  My mom lives in the country.  It's beautiful here.  I never knew how much I desired the simple life until I got a taste of what it's like.  Now I want the full meal.  The house surrounded by trees, and tons of land.  The imagination that comes from building pirate ships out of cardboard then floating them down the river in the backyard.  Gardening.  Baking old fashioned pies and finding the perfect crust on accident; then winning the blue ribbon for best pie in the valley.  I don't want much, but what I do want isn't the easiest thing to come by.
I want the simple life.  The hard working, simple, life.

Life, I believe, should be easy going.  Not fast paced all the time, but not slow.  Somehere in the middle with bouts of the extreme degrees every now and again.  There is just something alluring to me about the "wild west."  The need for stability in adventure, and a calmness that can be found only in nature.  Dreams.  Lots of dreams.  I know exactly how I want that little 'house on the prairie' to look like.  I can visualize every tiny detail.  Then the reality stick.  Cole doesn't have a job.  Where will you build it?  And oh.  With what money?  Hmm Jess?  Did you think about that? 

Of course I did.  My little house fund is just that, little, but it's a start, isn't it mister stick?  Yes, I do believe it is.  Little voices, sometimes big voices, try to silence dreams.  Reality does it too.  Sometimes reality doesn't just silence the dream though, sometimes our fleeting thoughts of wonderful are simply squashed.  Destroyed.  And for what?  Car payments.  Insurance.  Blah.  Many would argue the lack of following our hearts desires ends in one word; responsibility.  Dreams are destroyed by responsibility. 
Well, I'm no Cinderalla's godmother, and the flickage of a wand isn't going to bring about any miracles.  No, no fluff, no magic, but the truth behind making a dream come true is a very simple one.  Not easy, but simple.

Dreams come true with dedication, with work, and with utilizing our very own talents and skills.  Aka?  Being responsible.  The same word we use when referring to why our dreams can't come true is the very way to bring them to fruition; even Disney would agree with me there.  The greatest things are built from an idea, a desire, and an imagination.  Dreams come true if we want them to. 
If you can dream it, you can do it.  So go.  Dream.  Do.
"Don't tell me what I can't do."

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo related to me :)
    Hugs,
    Cousin Jennie

    ReplyDelete